Keith is a tenacious advocate specialising in employment law, providing clients with clear, no-nonsense commercial advice on the strengths and weaknesses of their case.
He is an accredited mediator.
Employment and Discrimination Law
Keith provides clients with full explanations of legal options, risks and prospects of success, they appreciate his calm guidance and representation throughout the dispute process.
Keith has extensive experience of advising and representing Employers and Employees in matters of Employment and Discrimination Law; in addition to the areas of cross-over between Employment law and Corporate Law which can arise for Minority Shareholders and Directors.
Keith specialises in matters that involve:
- Unfair Dismissal – including unfair redundancy and constructive dismissal claims;
- Director’s duties, Shareholders’ Agreements, Removal of directors.
- Asserting the rights of Minority Shareholder/Directors and Senior Executives.
- Disability Discrimination – Direct, Indirect, Discrimination Arising from disability and Failures to make Reasonable Adjustments.
- Discrimination on the grounds of Race, Gender, Pregnancy, Religion and Age.
- Whistleblowing – suffering detriments due to having made Public Interest Disclosures
- Restrictive Covenants
Keith enjoyed rapid progress in a career as a business executive and entrepreneur. His knowledge of management and workplace practices gives him a real edge in getting to the heart of Employment Law matters.
- Account Director at Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising.
- Co-founder and Joint Managing Director – Sutch Webster Direct. Subsequently ranked the UK’s No.5 Direct Marketing agency in 1993 – working inter alia for Virgin Atlantic, Natwest, RAC and Fedex;
- Subsidiary Commercial Director – Great Universal Stores PLC – Managing budgets of £25m and staff of over 1200 in the UK and Ireland;
- Interim turnaround specialist – bringing ailing companies back to health. Most significantly, Vetstream PLC.
In his spare time he keeps dogs and ducks; sometimes rides horses; cooks casseroles and curries; and likes to travel.
He serves as a Director and Trustee of The Labrador Rescue Trust Limited since 2005 – a charity responsible for the rescue and re-homing of over 10,000 abused or neglected dogs. He stepped down recently as its Chairman and remains an active trustee. www.labrador-rescue.com
- Office Equipment Systems Ltd v Hughes  EWCA Civ 1842 - Court of Appeal - against a first instance decision upheld by the EAT debarring a Respondent from making submissions on remedy following a default judgment in a complex and high value unfair dismissal claim. Led by David Reade KC.
- A v H Disability Discrimination [Dyslexia and ADHD], Unfair Dismissal. For the CEO of a charity.
- J v A Unfair Dismissal, Detriment due to whistle-blowing, Unfair dismissal, Unlawful deductions from wages. For the CEO of an international, venture capital backed, company after his dismissal following a disclosure of misleading shareholders.
- Phillips v Thelma Madine, For the Respondent in the ‘My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding’ Unfair Dismissal Case. Instructions in relation to remedy only. Minimised remedy ordered to less than 10% of the schedule of loss following a 3 hour forensic cross examination of the Claimant in respect of her business finances following complex applications for specific disclosure of financial records and detailed preparation with a forensic accountant.
- D v A -Complex whistleblowing claim involving allegations of corrupt tendering practices in international energy contracts .
Industry And Commerce Employment Law Bar Association
Employment Lawyers Association