Members of the Construction Team at 4KBW have expertise in advising and representing clients in a broad range of building disputes and construction related matters on behalf of construction organisations, contractors, clients, funders and individuals.
Members are frequently instructed in the Technology and Construction Court as well as the County Court; in arbitrations, mediations and round table settlement discussions. Two members of the Team are qualified Arbitrators. Examples of work undertaken include:
- Defective building works in a residential and commercial context
- Property damage and nuisance (including fire damage and water escape)
- Easements and wayleaves
- Party wall disputes
- Guarantees, letters of credit and other forms of security
- Standard and bespoke forms of contract
- Alternative dispute resolution such as arbitration, adjudication and mediation
- Planning and compulsory purchase
- Health and safety
- Regulatory compliance
- Personal injury
- Criminal regulatory matters
- Professional negligence in a construction context
- Employer and worker liability including TUPE
Members of the team frequently publish articles and regularly blog on cases and developments of interest.
Please contact our dedicated Clerk, Jason Roukin, for further information or to discuss tailor-made training packages, seminars or webinars.