Sophie is a specialist criminal practitioner with a busy defence practice. She is regularly instructed as trial advocate in a wide variety of cases including,
- dangerous driving
- false imprisonment and kidnap
- firearm offences
- offences relating to weapons
- drug offences
- violent assaults
- sexual offences
- indecent images
Sophie is an expert on all road traffic offences and regularly represents people who are at risk of losing their license, as well as other traffic matters such as,
- totting and exceptional hardship arguments.
- special reasons for not endorsing penalty points
- failing to provide driver information
- driving without due care and attention
- defective vehicle offences
- drink/drug driving
- failing to provide a specimen for analysis
Sophie regularly represents people direct through the public access scheme.
Prosecution and Regulatory Work
Prosecution – Sophie is a Grade 3 CPS prosecutor and also receives instructions from the Metropolitan Police.
Firearms – Sophie has specific knowledge of the law and procedure concerning shotgun and firearms certificates and represents both applicants and respondents in refusal and revocation proceedings.
Healthcare – Sophie has appeared on behalf of the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a case presenter.
Education – Sophie has also conducted and advised on appeals against school exclusion decisions, infant class size appeals and school admission appeals.
BVC Nottingham Law School
LLB Law (Sandwich) Nottingham Trent University